A UTI or urine infection can be exceedingly unpleasant, not to mention, very painful. It is no wonder that anyone suffering from these infections wants to get rid of them fast. If you are wondering if there is a way to cure UTI within 24 hours, read on for important information.
Cure UTI within a day the conventional way
UTIs affect both men and women, though women seem to suffer more from them. UTI occurs when the body has an inherently poor immune system. The bacterium in the urine goes on into the urinary tract to reach the bladder, causing inflammation. The result of UTI is:intense pain or burning when urinating as well as the tendency to go more often to the bathroom but hardly producing a few drops each time. Women suffering from urine infections must naturally be aware of the fact that a UTI can get serious very quickly if ignored and can even turn into a kidney infection.
To cure UTI within a day, your best bet is antibiotics. Seek help from your family physician to start a course of antibiotics immediately. You will feel better within a day if you take the recommended dose. Even if you do feel better; make sure to complete the entire course of the drug-else the infection might come back.
How to cure UTI without antibiotics
Some people get recurrent UTIs and most of them do not want to take antibiotics frequently. Majority of the classes of antibiotics available today have few, if not several, side effects. Also, when we regularly take such drugs, we unknowingly kill off the healthy bacteria in the gut. This in turn, affects the PH of our urinary system leading to several complications like Candida, yeast and other fungal infections. So, to cure UTI in 24 hours without taking harmful antibiotics, you can follow the home remedies given here:
- Eat plenty of probiotic This will increase the percentage of good bacteria which will fight the infection-causing bacteria in the bladder. Take Khombucha drinks or milk kefir which is a natural probiotic drink. Eat sauerkraut, applekraut and also miso soups.
- Take cod liver oil This is known to increase the immunity.
- Take D-mannose powder every few hours to remove bacteria from the gut and also prevent it from sticking to the lining of the bladder. You need to take several doses for this powder/pill for the remedy to work within 24 hours. D-mannose is a natural sugar which does not get metabolized like other normal sugars and is even safe for diabetic patients suffering from UTIs.
- Drink plenty of Cranberry juice, water and green tea to flush out the bacteria.
- If the pain is extremely bad, pop in a few Ibuprofens to help with it.
Make sure you maintain the dose of D-Mannose in your body to clear all of the bacteria. If, despite these steps, your UTI is not cured within 24 hours, you must seek medical help promptly. Do watch out for signs such as extreme back pain, abdominal cramps, vomiting, fever and nausea. These could be signs of kidney infections or even kidney stones. In either case, you might need IV fluids with antibiotics and other prescription drugs for relief.
How can you prevent UTIs
Many of the remedies prescribed above can help cure UTI in 24 hours. However, most of them are also useful in preventing recurrent UTIs and are natural enough to be taken on a daily basis when you are asymptomatic. So continue these remedies even after you start feeling better. Here are the steps to prevent UTI:
- Take D- Mannose powder every 2 hours or after you pee. The ideal prescribed dose is 500mg (capsule or powder) taken in juice or water every 3 hours for 5-7 days.
- Take enzymes Interfase Plus from Klaire Labs and Biofilm Defense from Kirkman. Both these enzymes are very beneficial in removing the fibrin and dissolving the sugar of bacterial organisms to prevent recurrent UTI.
- In case of bacterium other than E.coli causing the UTI, supplements like Lauricidn are very useful. It contains anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti viral compounds and is known to combat many species of bacteria including Streptococcus and Staphylococcus.
- Drink 2 glasses of cranberry juice without soda or sugar in it. This is known to have preventive action against recurrent UTI. Alternatively, go for 500mg cranberry supplements daily. Talk to your doctor if cranberry is right for you particularly when you are on blood thinners.
- Drink a glass of water every one hour. The more you urinate, the more the bacterium is flushed out. Avoid holding urine for long periods of time.
- Take Echinacea and Goldenseal supplements that are known to improve immune system. You can even use herbal teas containing Echinacea, goldenseal and nettle leaves to provide anti-inflammatory action.
- Take 500 mg of vitamin C twice a day. This will make your body stronger and more resistant to bacterial infections.
When trying to cure UTI in 24 hours, avoid alcohol, nicotine, spicy and hot foods as well as caffeinated beverages since all of these are known to increase bladder irritation. Apart from these remedies and precautions, you must also ask your spouse/partner to follow hygienic practices particularly if your UTI is sex-related.Take plenty of rest as that is one of the most important remedies to cure UTI in 24 hours.If you are suffering very often, (more than 2 infections every 6 months), then see a specialist to determine the root cause of the problem.